Sunday, June 27, 2010

A productive vacation? That's silly.

I took my computer, books, and notebooks to the beach with me on vacation this past week...did I honestly think I was going to get both school work and job tasks completed? I forgot what a vacation is for: to get away from everything for awhile. So, while the trip was great and I feel recharged, now I'm back to trying to catch up and keep up with everything. Ah.

As a recent undergraduate, I'm a little thrown by grad school. I'm constantly watching lectures, reading books/articles, and doing supplemental work, and I feel confident that this is the right degree and career path for me. The things I'm learning are exciting and I look forward to doing the work; the tasks I need to complete are never a waste of my time (unlike taking a bio class requirement as an Art History major). It is just so overwhelming sometimes! Our class has learned so much in the past two months, but I get anxious every time I think about how much more is out there to learn about this new career path.

I am an optimist, so bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment