Monday, July 19, 2010

Kompozer no longer driving me Krazy

For our first HTML assignment, we had to format a fragment of Dickens' American Notes, which seems easy enough after watching the lectures and reading articles and tutorials. Of course when I went to attempt it...no go. It took me over an hour of playing with Kompozer to realize I just didn't have the time or patience the night before the assignment was due to figure it out. I resorted to using the most basic means possible, TextEdit with my Mac, which I actually think was better for that assignment. It helped me understand how to actually write the tags and how to make it work, and I still had to work with FileZilla to upload it.

For this last assignment (adding links to the Dickens fragment and making it a separate webpage), I tried again to use Kompozer. It was a lot easier after Professor Tomer ran through it in class Tuesday night. I understand that making us figure things out on our own helps us to learn and understand more, but sometimes it just feels like a waste of time when I play around for hours and don't get the programs to work the way I want, and then after watching a lecture that runs through it, I can get the assignment done in half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment